At present, almost everyone is very familiar with social media. Social media is used by every individual to remain connected with fields, families and relatives. It is the best platform where groups having similar likes, interest or views can be created. This helps in exchange of information between individuals from different countries. But besides connection and communications, social media can also be used as a learning platform. Yes, social media can be indeed a very useful platform for learning. Here are few social media listed that are used by the maximum population at present. The tips display how these social Medias be an interesting platform for learning.
1.Facebook: Almost 90% of people use Facebook. It can be easily installed in mobile, laptop or i-pads. You can create groups of friends and classmates and add respective teachers of your course. You can then share any information, pictures, images, notes, quizzes, or other academic materials through this platform. In case if you have gathered wrong information or if you have doubtful questions, it will be answered and corrected by your teachers and friends. Besides this interesting yet useful information can be shared. Many teachers have already created Facebook pages, so you can search for the pages of your teachers and join it. This will help you remain updated about submission deadline of assignment and projects. You can also post some useful link related to your curriculum. Discussions regarding recent topic covered in the class can be done through Facebook groups. Besides this, any resources that make online fun and interesting can be posted to the relevant Facebook page.
2. Twitter: Twitter don’t restrict an individual to a particular course or section, rather it is a more fun filled way of learning. You can use a hashtag for a particular topic. Though you can add people to your twitter account, but use a hashtag for a topic allows you to get an answer from any individual of that field. Yes, while Facebook connects you to some specific people and limits your discussion within a group; twitter connects you to every individual in globe having a twitter The hashtag is the method in twitter where your question and post will appear in the wall of the person related to that area. Beside this, you can also post pictures on the twitter.
3. LinkedIn: The most professional social media site among the rest. For years this social site has been used by a number of individuals to find employment. It was the place where recruiters would find a capable But now this social site is also one of the valuable e-learning platforms for students. This online platform helps the student explore different educational videos and news in a click. Beside this learners are allowed top post information and videos of educational importance. Beside this, you are also allowed to explore groups based on your field and post queries or get more elaborate information on different topics.
4. YouTube: It is the best place for sharing educational videos. If you have understood the topic well, you can create a video and post it on Then you can share the link with rest of the class. Likewise, if you have not understood the topic well, you can ask your friend or teacher to create a video of the topic and post it to YouTube. This platform is best for those who prefer a visual mode of learning for obtaining the elaborated information of any topic.
5. Pinterest: Very less are aware of the fact that Pinterest can be a very useful learning platform. When you have loads of bookmarked content, it becomes difficult to organize them and also there is a risk of losing the saved link if your laptop or PC crash down. So in such cases, Pinterest is really useful. When you find useful content, rather than bookmarking it, you can pin it and the page is saved in your pin board. You can anytime log in and discover the required content. Beside this, you can even share your board with friends and other classmates.
6. Google plus: If you are looking for distraction free social learning platform, google plus can be the best You can create groups or communities with google plus and discuss on the related topic. Sharing videos, link, images are possible with google plus. Most importantly there is no unnecessary distraction when using google plus.
These are most used social media that can be opted for e-learning. Since the world of e-learning is widening up, these methods of learning can surely be useful to every student.
Don’t know how to use social media as a learning platform? Here Get tips on How to use social media as a learning platform and widen your horizon for effective learning techniques.